Each University Technical College is developed in collaboration with a University sponsor. Universities contribute to the UTC programme in a variety of ways including but not limited to:
- Aligning the curriculum to career and academic pathways
- Participation in UTC governance
- Creating a culture of excellence
- Provision of real-life projects
- Expert knowledge of both education and our specialist areas
- Reputation and experience
- Cutting edge facilities
- Positive role models
“As a sponsor governor of the Liverpool Life Sciences UTC since its creation, the University of Liverpool values the UTC’s work in educating the next generation of local students. The embedded nature of both academic and employer content in the UTC’s curriculum has created an ambitious, engaged and intellectually curious community of students.
At the University of Liverpool, we are proud to have provided successive UTC year groups with a wide range of fantastic opportunities and experiences: from guest lecture series, to real-life project briefs based on our academics’ research expertise. Plus a full programme of HE information, advice and outreach activities.”
- John Corish, University of Liverpool
UTCs are working with world-leading universities...